Saturday, February 16, 2013

Disposable Garbage Receptacles

I am chemically sensitive, and getting disposable garbage containers has made my life a lot easier. Because items with chemicals on them are frequently thrown in the trash, trash receptacles invariably have chemicals on them. I have had to get rid of some trash cans for this reason. I found that my hands would burn with chemical residue after I touched the trash can to empty it.

I purchased some brown paper disposable trash bags at Home Depot. They are very large (30 gallon; 16 in. x 12 in. x 35 in.). The bags can stand up on their own once they are unfolded. Last time I checked, Home Depot only sells the bags in stores and not online. However, the company at the following website makes similar bags: http://www.danoinc.com/ecolobag.html. Here is what the bags look like:




Another option is to purchase trash receptacles that are small enough to fit in the dishwasher, so that the chemicals can be washed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment